Friday, July 8, 2011

Humble Man

Wanted for murder Moses fled, he had a bounty on his head

In the land of Midian he found a wife, and settled down to nomad life

Then God appeared in a burning bush, to give our fugitive a little push

I have come to set My people free, and I have chosen you to speak for Me

Moses cleared his throat and coughed, he doubted he could pull this off

Surely Pharaoh won't listen to me and what of the people when they ask about Thee

Who is this God and what is His name, how do we know He is who you claim?

Thus tell my children I'm breaking their chains, "I AM THAT I AM", forever I reign

So God gave Moses signs to show, show these signs now off you go

Moses protested his speech was weak, so God chose Aaron to help him speak

They found the Pharaoh to plead their case, you should have seen the Pharaohs face

Thus says the LORD My people are mine, let them go to the desert and build Me a shrine

I'm not letting them go and you have no room to barter

As a matter of fact I'm going to make them work harder

So Pharaoh demanded they find their own straw, they had to make bricks for that was his law

Without any straw the quota fell short, and Moses returned to the LORD to report

The people are worse from the wear of their work, the Pharaoh's unfair and he acts like a jerk

I've got something for Pharaoh it's called a strong hand

When I'm done with him he'll want you out of his land

So Moses and Aaron kept doing Gods bidding

Pharaoh laughed with contempt as though they were kidding

It was time for some signs so they threw down the staff, it turned into a serpent but Pharaoh just laughed

Pharaoh's magicians made snakes of their rods; both were consumed by the serpent of Gods

Pharaoh's heart was hard his mind was narrow; he had a stubborn streak running to his marrow

What Pharaoh failed to understand, he played his part in what God planned

His hardened heart was in Gods hand, the Almighty Playwright in command

Tell Pharaoh let My people go, and I will let the Nile flow

If not I'll nip him in the bud, and turn all waters into blood

Pharaohs will refused to bend, billions of frogs God did send

So many frogs they covered the land, they jumped on his bed and on his nightstand

He had frogs on his pillows and frogs in his shoes, he found a frog in his soup and he wasn't amused

He sent for Moses entreat your LORD, I can't stand the sight of this amphibian horde

The frogs all died but Pharaoh lied he wouldn't let them go

He had so much pride he hurt inside reaping what he sowed

Up till now God was nice, the time had come to send the lice

Pharaoh's heart was hard indeed, for even this he would not heed

A swarm of flies God then did send, but the will of Pharaohs wouldn't bend

The flies attacked Egyptian homes, but left the Hebrew homes alone

There were flies in their kitchens and flies in their eyes, Pharaoh found flies in his chicken pot pies

Why can't you just worship your LORD here instead? Pharaoh asked Moses with a fly on his head

If we sacrifice here we will surely be stoned, your people won't tolerate what you have condoned

You may go to the desert but don't go too far, if you have to go worship I want to know where you are

I grant your request the people are freed, now as for these flies please intercede

But Pharaoh was lying he didn't intend to comply, so God sent deceases and many animals died

He sent a plague of boils and a plague of hail, but Pharaohs resolve refused to fail

He let loose the locusts upon the land; no plant was left alive to stand

A heart as hard as his won't budge, Pharaoh held fast to his grudge

So God sent darkness on the land, feel the presence of My hand

Remove the darkness Pharaoh cried, I'll let you worship far and wide

Again he lied and tried to hide, his heart inside was full of pride

The LORD told Moses get prepared, so far Egypt has been spared

Your children's children will be told, today we plunder Egypt's gold

Tomorrow all of Egypt cries, tonight all first born sons will die

To spare My children I adore, put blood of the lamb upon the door

This is where they all should hide, I'm passing over those inside

After all was said and done, the LORD did kill the Pharaohs son

The LORD did humble Pharaohs heart, to allow the Exodus to start


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment