Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sister's Poem

Quixotic Princess:

My eyes close firmly,
Sleep comes softly
Dulling my senses
Brushing the corners of subconscious mind

Weary of balancing
Toppling boxes I stacked to the sky
Vainly reaching for order
Reason in my days

Sleep is toppling struggle
Respite from order
Reason gives way to relaxation
As darkness paints the palate of dreams

Dancing through the shadow is a woman
Pain fills her eyes
But her movements are graceful
Leaping and laughing

Transference of emotion tugs my heart
The Pain a living Love
Refused her for higher purposes
But wrapped in her soul's song

Grace in the dance
Leaping with knowledge gained
Laughter scatters love-stars into her path
Closer, she dances, closer

Dream within a dream
Her dream fills in the edges of mine
Shading the shadows with layers
A negative of life's photograph

My eyes saw dreams, hers, reality.
Which is the right path to seek?
A dreaming reality or a reality carved from dreams?
Dismissed as a mental issue, I turn to run

A tree stops me short
Skinny and twisted to odd proportions
Her laugh rings out
"Welcome to my castle!"
A fence fades into view
Gleaming, white-washed
She leaps up, crying aloud
"Come one, come all, see the artist on a tightrope!"

Hummingbirds appear, turn to dragonflies
Before my eyes the flowers turn to gems
I'm walking on the clouds now, desperate for the drop surely coming
She dances on the treetops... on the trees?

My mind begins to bend into understanding
An understanding bred of fearful symmetry.
"The world has an opposite," she giggles
"A mirror image only I can see!"

Possibility becomes reality
Wishing on a star catapults me to a galaxy
I'm finding pillars to be little stepping-stones
The ant has transformed to my snow-white steed

"Now you are here to dance through dust motes
To slay the dragons guarding dripping caves
You are shown the path to fairy kingdoms
To hear their laughter, wind chimes, in a glen."

On an impulse, my eyelids flutter
A four-post, down spread, pillow heaped, huge bed
My limbs weighed down by gravity again
The light now pierces, blinking in a new day

An odd occurrence, surely imagined
Swiftly passes through my sluggish brain
Dismissed on whim of moment, dreams behind me
I swing my feet o'er the edge, and to my feet

A wobbling stand, and shaky walk
Make my way to warm up in the sunshine
I lift my head to smell the breeze
Close my eyes...

I see you, Princess.

Of a sudden, I hear wind-chimes.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment