Sunday, July 17, 2011

Potluck (Short Stories and Poetry)

Short Stories and Poetry

Jade and Ebony Days

Blow, wind blow! Strip the years from my youth; I will keep a few, made of jade, and ebony. Blow, wind blow! Pile the clouds on top of me, lash out with earth and rain, roar all you want sway the branches from the trees-at me, I will still sing, of those far-off days of Jade and Ebony, days-that my eyes saw the stars. I will catch the old and now gray leaves laughingly. Blow, wind blow, blow my last days to the green twilight, surging towards the moon, scatter my bones where you may, men have been slain for less, I will keep those few years within my breast, those Jade and Ebony days.

No: 2882/12-19-2010

Dedicated to those years 1974-1981

?

The Great Dark Abode

(If there were no God?)

What would I do (you do, we do) if there was no God?

Perhaps kill at will like Saddam Hussein,

Pol Pot, or Bin Laden-who's to say? What could I lose?

What did these killers know that I didn't know, don't know?

((What were they told by the unknown, unresisting, mind?

We may call the devil.)(If indeed, there is no God,

Therefore, there is no Devil. Someone made it all up!))

I could kill, in the name of God, at will, to justify my evil,

Of cause; nothing new for humans-

It's silly of course, to think its God's will-

Be it Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or Jew

Killing at will for no reason is a human trait

Animals don't even(think of) or do such things,

Unless they are cornered or hungry,

But never when they are full and complete...

So, if there was (or is)no God, and death is final-

(As Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking would

Have us all believe-and we can add Darwin to the list,

And perhaps several others if you wish...)

There'll be no resurrection, no drunken parties with whores

In Paradise or in Heaven (or Purgatory; as some religions

Have glorified and sanctified for peace of mind and soul.)

Perhaps you'd knock on your neighbor's door, next store,

Take at will another man's wife,

Do as you please-even kill the husband if he

Showed up, if need be!

Be like Napoleon, Hitler, and Stalin; perchance, like

The heroes of old: Alexander the Great, Attila, Hannibal:

Or the Heroes at Troy ((fighting for blood and guts and

Everlasting fame...in the name of the many gods...)

(Create a war for power and control, for: land

And oil-for gold and glory and much, much more!))

Or just be among the many that don't have plenty,

Who may feel they have been scorned,

Who may feel a prayer for a sin cleans the soul-

Thus, they can kill and steal, at will before

Their story is dead and nil- (never to be told).

Who's to say what you'd do, if there was no

God (and let's add the Devil too)over the next hill...

But whatever you'd do, be no fool, -if there is a God,

May His graces and glory, nullify this poetic story

And help us all, before we fall, into the great dark abode!

No: 2959; 6-23-2011 (10:30 a.m.)


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment