Monday, June 27, 2011

This Drink

Sipping on this drink,
I don't want to be sober
cause this thing that we had seems officially over
how'd I let a good thing become so bitter
how'd I let my feelings stop being self centered
one day it was all about me my life and what I planned to be
the next day I woke up and all I could remember was you
but I guess the feelings I had evaporated or were never true
As I sip I reminisce on the good and bad times we had
the tears I shed through confusion of love and tears from laughs
So I question is it worth it, is he worth it, could it last
I added it all up in my head but I guess I'm no good at math
because the last thing I pictured was us now married with a yatch
both of us making money old regrets I've forgot
Sometimes you've got to go through the bad to get to the good
now look at where it's got us drop top benz with no hood

My friends used to tell me I shouldn't do it,
"Girl just leave him alone"
now they claim that they knew it and they were there all along
I had a few who had faith, who kept my feelings safe
they kept me positive and for those ones I thank
even family put him down family cookouts I couldn't bring him around
cause if I brought him in I'm bound to run away from the sound
arguing and fighting the hatred wouldn't end
but now they see us doing good they type emails and press send
saying how much they miss us and hope we're doing good
I cut off all the phones and bought a manchine surrounded by woods

Now who can stop us our relationship unbruised
all past emotions were set aside and bejewled
covered up with diamonds couldn't let the past stop our show
because if you hold on to your negatives then you will never be able to grow
now that we've found in our life what we truly need
our future and present is on ease and we just continue to succeed

So who knew that bottle of Patron could do all it has done
ejaculated my emotions and filled my life with fun
if I had never drunk and told him my fears
showed him my tears, held on to his hand and told him I'd always be here
I don't know where we would be today and I'm glad God knew exactly where to steer
he brought us this life we even produced a gift
our son who's almost one that I love, this life is like a movie I hope we don't drift
never move apart because baby you'll forever be my heart
your my number one you've been with me from the start.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment