Monday, June 27, 2011

Yet I Am Thirsty and Others

"But Let There Be"

I want some darkness
To hide
My compulsions
But let there be
Some light too
And of my canvas
Let it be dull
But let it be
Somewhat bright too
Some sorrows
I can handle
With calm
But let there be
In my life
Some delight too
My tears may
Extinguish the flames
But let them
Sometimes
Ignite too
Let there be
Brightness of the day
But let there be
Darkness of the
Night too

"Yet I Am Thirsty"

The ocean
Of my tears
Is so near
Yet I am
Thirsty
The mile stone
Heralding the
Proximity
To my destination
Is in
Close vicinity
Yet I am
A nomadic
And existence
Offers me
With
Ingenuousness
Yet I am
Skeptic
Some times
I wonder
If I will stay
For a while
Or simply
Wither away
Into oblivion
And will
Never be able to
Revisit
All the things
Those were
Once upon a time
Entirely mine
My breathing space
And my moment
In time
Epitome
Of my being
Bearing
The testimony of
My joy
My sorrows
My tavern
And my shrine

"Often Seen Is"

Using acronym
For names
And with
Still missing
Addendum
Displaying claims
To his fame
While
Moving from conformist
To a maverick
And denying
The very existence of
Ecstasy and hope
Amidst
Transient delight
Often seen is
The man
Carrying
The weight of
His own idealism

"Me And Myself"

I do take
Cognizance of
My follies
And inabilities
But then
I pardon
Myself
Willfully
And liberally
After all
It's between
Me and myself
But some times
I am very
Unforgiving
Towards my self
After all
It's between
Me and myself

"The Caricature Of My Desire"

Whenever
I draw
The caricature
Of my own desire
It frowns at me
And cries
Mostly treading
The path of
Disillusionment
And with intentions
So flagrant
Carrying the weight of
It's own identity
So rigid
And fragile
And I have
Often found it
Submerged in
The chimera
Of it's own satire
And so often
Have found it
Trying to stand erect
On a quagmire
It has a face
So full of scars
And with
Been there
Seen all attitude
It derides me
With a plea
To erase it
A bit
Each day

"Dedicated To Good Friday"
If you were to sing
Sing as if
It was
Your Swan Song
Draw to a close
Today
And never prolong
Live as if
It is
Your last day
Eat as if
It is
Your last meal
And deal as if
It is
Your last deal
Be bold
And behold
Then
My dear friends
You will have
No compunction
In the future
That awaits
It may be
A bright sunny morning
Or it may be
A cloudy day
But pray
And just pray
For you are
Still here
While good shepherd is
Taking good care
Of you
And of every thing
Around you
The invisible hands
Of Good Samaritan
Are always raised
To bless you
And to consecrate

"There Will Always be"

There is always
And there will
Always be
This little difference
Between you and me
No matter
How far away
We may stray
While
Thriving on souvenirs
From the past
And first glorifying
Then ignoring
The agony within
And lustfully
Editing our memoirs.
There was always
This difference
When once
You said
Love it by you
And then you said
I simply love you
Now I can
Afford to ignore
This little difference
And it makes sense
For there is
More of you
That I still
Want to know
How was it
When you smiled
For the first time
Through your eyes
How did it feel
When
You cried in rhythm
Tasting the tears
Of your own repentance
While hiding your face
With both the hands
Even though knowing
You are no naive
Though so often
You called me
A coward
Are you
Really brave?
There is always
And there will
Always be
This little difference
Between you and me

"Do They Still Ask you-?"

Away from me
And may be
At some
Distant place
Do they
Still ask you
With a glee
Oh! Baby
What is it
Between you
And me
Do they
Still ask you
Is he an enigma
Or a real fake
Acting like a clown
And some times
Like a saint
Do they
Still ask you
You love him
Or he loves you
Or you both
Partake
Or is it
All one sided
Your heart
Or his heart
Nothing is
At stake
Do they
Still ask you
Who initiated it
And who will end
Do they still say it
With a face
Bearing grin
That by knowing him
You committed
An unpardonable sin
But will you still
Go ahead
And proudly
Hold his hand
And tell it all
That while
Revisiting your
Tender wounds
You found
Someone
Healing your wounds
With his
Magical touch
To know who
He was
Chances were grim
But
My heart told me
Instantly that
It was him
And it was him


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment